Senior Engineer / Engineer – QA
Job Description: This position aims to ensure that the product meets customer"s requirements (both internal and external) at each stage of its production process, carrying out relevant testing and where necessary, take corrective action to rectify non-conformance issues. Report quality issues, ensuring the Quality Management System is adhered to at all stages.
Reports To: Sr. Manager / Manager
Direct Reports: 1 – 2
- Carry out incoming, in process and final inspection as per relevant drawing/ process/test documents.
- Measure & record the data as per relevant inspection report.
- Ensure use of calibrated monitoring and measuring equipment.
- Co-ordinate with 3rd party inspectors / inspection agencies.
- Compiling inspection & test data as per QMS.
- Involve in witnessing functional tests of units as per ATP / QTP.
- Inspection, acceptance & clearance of manufactured components/assemblies at vendor/sub-contractor premises.
- Ensure product performance by involving in stage wise functional testing of the modules.
- To identify, Investigate, find the root cause of any quality issues, prepare appropriate corrective action report and ensure issues are addressed & resolved.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve quality issues that arise, as quickly and efficiently as possible to prevent compromising quality and safety standards.
- Carry out process auditing.
- Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers and other service providers.
- Lead and/or support junior engineers.
- Provide guidance to other team members.
- Proficiency with precision measuring tools.
- Understanding of engineering drawings and manufacturing processes.
- Good technical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment.
- Planning and prioritising activities.
- Problem-solving and team working skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Knowledge of AS9100D standards a plus.
QUALIFICATION: B.E. in Electronics with 1 – 5 years of related experience.